Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Life!

Pots and Pans clank aloud,
Walls and doors are a smoky cloud,
Through the sieve, the tap is weeping
The turf turns slippery as the tears are piling!

I envy all my neighbours, who can look at a fair roof,
And dream all day and night,
Here I am staring at depressing dark clouds,
Oh Lord, Why me, Why me, Why me!

That dawn is not too far,
When we all will have a mighty fall,
I will die an untold misery,
With the bricks and the wall!

The floor looked up to the Heavens,
Save me Oh Lord, save me,
Leave apart the grief when I die,
What a gory life this, a strife to live one more day!!

Hearing this, the Lord took mercy on the floor,
Wait my dear, wait till the year is turned,
You have a boon, that you will live,
A life you have not seen in dreams!

With the boon in her ears, dreams were now in her eyes,
She waited, and waited, as each day passed,
Soon the new year came & she turned to be the envy of her every neighbour,
Draped in a shining white gown, she was now the prettiest princess in the town!

Gone are the tears, and the dark clouds,
Every dark cloud before is now a silver lining,
Days now dawn to a view as green as grass,
The tap that weeped is now in a different class!

Every day, the pots and pans play hide and seek,
As they appear from behind their closets,
Sharing happy stories, from every nook,
They now make a tasty recipe, each time they cook!

Thank you Lord, Thank you,
For this new life you have given me,
Every day I have surprises, every moment I am overjoyed,
A small wish now, is, May this joy last forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment