Wednesday, April 01, 2015

April Fool !!

I have some fantastic memories of Fool's Day at office.  It is amazing how April Fool's Day can make the environment at office so much fun and bring about wonderful bonding within teams!  Ever since  I have been part of the April Fool Pranked and Pranksters club, if I may call it so, it is my strong personal opinion that harmless, simple pranks in office can actually enliven and brighten up the workplace.

Pranks on me at office have included a situation where my computer, keyboard and monitor and mouse on my desk were taped up with cellophane tape, and I was not able to work as soon as I reached my desk in the morning!    On my birthday, random colleagues with  whom I never interacted before, turned up once each hour and handed me a rose!  Given my birthday falls on International Women's Day, they wished me Happy Women's Day instead of Happy Birthday!!  My manager also actively participated and helped my collegues in the pranks, and sometimes pranked us all against each other; at once too!

The pranks I plotted, included setting up a treasure hunt, planting anonymous flowers & New Year's calendars & chocolates on friends desks for them to discover them on New Year's Day, while they wondered who sent them and why; until they finally discovered !!

I have truly fond memories of my friend setting up an elaborate prank wherein the prankster called the "prankee" on phone, and took an interview asking questions like favorite movie actor, favorite movie song, and all such things, following the pattern of questions like one of an ongoing Radio Show; and then asking them to listen to their interview when it is aired at a particular time; and insisting that the prankee inform all friends and relatives to listen in to the channel at that time!  In our case, it was real fun, since the time of the "airing" of the interview was supposed to coincide with the time when we travelled back home in the office bus; and the radio would usually be tuned to this channel on in the bus! When at the said time, the interview did not air, everyone on the bus jumped "April Fool"  !  Oh, the poor "prankee" was initially embarrassed a little, but the prankster had set up a little treat in the form of a small snack of pastry to celebrate the fun part of it thus eliminating the embarrassment! 

It's important that pranks are not overdone for then they are more embarrassing and less fun.  Once the balance is right, truly they have the potential to become the fondest memories in life!!

So, to whoever invented the idea of Pranks on April Fool's Day,  Here's Three Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment